Are you prepared for one of the biggest transitions in your life?
Tuesday, January 28
Thursday, January 30
Classes are 5:30-8:30 PM
We hold our classes at WCU’s new Biltmore Park Campus. Tuition is $79 per person (or couple) and includes workbooks and other bonus materials.
(Click link above to register for Retirement Planning Today through WCU’s website)
(Click link above to contact instructors with any questions)
In partnership with Western Carolina University Office of Professional Growth and Enrichment, we are pleased to offer a Retirement Planning workshop. This course is designed to deliver comprehensive, objective information to help you achieve your most important financial goals. The course covers many key aspects of planning for retirement such as:
- Retirement lifestyle planning
- Goal Setting
- Retirement Planning Roadblocks and Mistakes
- Income tax planning
- Retirement income and expenses
- Risk management
- Social Security Planning
- Investment management
- Estate planning
The course specifically focuses on the ‘Four Pillars of a Successful Retirement.’
- Social Security – Deciding carefully when and how to tap Social Security Benefits
- Income Strategy – Developing an income strategy that covers your everyday expenses and basic needs
- Tax Planning – Making sure that Uncle Sam doesn’t get more than his fair share
- Legacy Planning – Planning for your later years and beyond, especially if one of your objectives is to leave a legacy
Retirement is usually seen as life’s reward for working hard, supporting a family, and saving your hard-earned dollars. You celebrate with a big party and then move into this exciting, new life stage. Is that how you envision it?
In the past, retirement often meant switching from a paycheck to a pension check, contacting Social Security to get benefits in motion, and maybe supplementing that income with the proceeds from downsizing a home or renting a property.
But time shave changed. Retirement can now mean piecing together a big puzzle, composed of a variety of different resources, to ensure you have enough to live on- and maybe have asomething left to pass on to heirs if that’s one of your goals.
Instructors: Joel Kelley, CFP® and Jacob Sadler, CFP®